3400 Croasdaile Drive, Suite 301
Durham, NC 27705
141 Semora Road
Roxboro, NC 27573
P a s t, P r e s e n t, F u t u r e
In 1917, Beverly D. Ashlin opened an office in the First National Bank
Building for the practice of public accounting. Mr. Ashlin’s practice
increased rapidly and his reputation as a competent and highly ethical
accountant became widely recognized.
In 1933, Philip W. Hutchings, Sr., CPA, became associated with Mr.
Ashlin and this association continued until Mr. Ashlin’s death on
December 10, 1940.
In December of 1945, Arthur W. Knight joined the staff of Ashlin and
Hutchings after returning from overseas service with the U.S. Armed
Forces in Europe. Following the death of Mr. Hutchings, the partnership
of Norwood A. Thomas and Arthur W. Knight was formed on October 26, 1948
under the name of Ashlin, Thomas & Knight.
James W. Trent had joined Ashlin and Hutchings on August 1, 1947 and had
continued on the staff of Ashlin, Thomas & Knight. The Roxboro office
was opened on November 19, 1949 in the Kirby Building, and on January 1,
1950 he became a partner.
On September 13, 1972, the Professional Association of Thomas, Knight,
Trent, King and Company was formed with the partners of the former
partnership as stockholders, plus the addition of Elbert C. Yarborough
who had joined the firm in 1958.
Daniel H. Craig, CPA,
CFP®, PFS joined the firm in 1984 and became a
shareholder in 1988. At the time of Mr. Trent’s retirement, Mr. Craig
assumed the role of Shareholder-in-Charge of the Roxboro office. A
position he still holds today.